2011年1月25日火曜日

TPP

Snow

Driving to Umeda, as I need to join a meeting of study. Today we study about TPP and agriculture.

Present Japanese government has been thinking about to join to TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership). I want to know who made our government to this direction. I think it should not be discussed without following 2 solutions at least, from my point of view as a farmer.

First, we have to fix the exchange rate matter. Present strong yen rate is a huge negative factor for Japan, as it is an exporting country. I think it should be at least about Yen100/$1.
Second, government has to make a subsidy for vegetable farmers. (It is unfair, but only rice farmers are protected somehow.) As joining TPP, farm products will be imported from low cost countries, and they surely take the place of domestic products in the market.

The present government needs to show solutions about these matters, first.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿